The Prorectorate for Student Affairs and Retention – PRAE is a central executive body of Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina. It was created to implement and manage programs and projects dedicated to student policies.
The main responsibilities of the Prorectorate for Student Affairs are:
- propose and monitor the execution of activities related to the university’s student affairs policy, mainly in relation to access, student retention and undergraduate degree completion, in the following areas: housing; food; transportation; health care; digital inclusion; culture, sports and leisure; educational support; student movements and social policies;
- develop studies and projects aimed at organizational development and management improvement, related to the student affairs policy;
- plan, coordinate and evaluate the execution of activities pertaining to plans, programs and projects related to the student affairs policy;
- stimulate the implementation of plans, programs and projects with the student community;
- keep exchanges with other institutions, with the aim of developing activities and services which are of interest to the student community;
- propose and develop the University’s benefit policies targeted at the student community;
- propose to relevant authorities the signing of agreements with other organizations, when related to student affairs, and to monitor them afterward;
- support and publicize events of interest to the student community;
- pass the necessary ordinances and other administrative acts in order to implement the proposed activities;
- perform other activities pertaining to the area or that may be delegated by the Rector.